The Mind of WebbWoman

Hello! Look for future posts about my "observations" Lord knows I am always making observations, movie reviews, whenever I see a movie I want to talk about, or I may just vent my frustrations...who knows?

Monday, July 04, 2005

Movie Review: War of the Worlds

Believe me, keep your money in your pocket and DON'T go see this flick!!!

This is the lamest bit of film and biggest waste of time I have seen in a long time. I was starting to hope one of the aliens would come off the screen and shoot me so I wouldn't have to watch the rest of the movie.

I kept checking my watch to see how much longer the movie would be. My friend that went with me was text messaging someone, and I was reading over his shoulder.

The movie starts with Tom Cruise getting off work, and meeting his ex-wife, her husband and his two kids. (Time for kid swap) Ex-wife has a very superior attitude and is criticizing everything about Tom Cruise's house and life. The son has a case of teenage-itis and hates his dad. He refuses to call him "dad" and calls him Ray instead. The daughter is a 10 year old whiner/screamer. And finally Tom Cruise is a selfish, self absorbed, dad who hasn’t spent enough time with his kids. I already don't like the family.

All hell breaks loose when storm clouds cover the city and lightning repeatedly strikes in the same place. At the site where the lightning hits, there is a rumbling and a huge three-legged machine comes up out of the ground, vaporizing people left and right. Tom rushes home and tries to get the kids safely to Boston where ex-wife and husband are visiting ex-wife's parents.

We slowly and painfully watch the whole world being destroyed and people being killed left and right…..except for Tom & kids. There’s no fighting these things, and they just keep trying to escape, and get to Boston. (What makes him think Boston is safe???)

If you ever heard the radio program or read the book you’ll know the aliens finally are conquered by microscopic germs they pick up here. (We have immunity to them) However the ending with the family is so stupid I’m not even describing it. Nuff said.

I'd suggest you use your money for something more enjoyable, like maybe a bikini wax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home