The Mind of WebbWoman

Hello! Look for future posts about my "observations" Lord knows I am always making observations, movie reviews, whenever I see a movie I want to talk about, or I may just vent my frustrations...who knows?

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Movie Review: Shaun of the Dead

"There comes a time in every man's life when he has to get off the couch...and kill some zombies." This line pretty much sums up the basic plot of this movie. Simon Pegg plays Shaun, an average schmoe living in England with a dead end job, and a freeloading flat mate named Ed (Nick Frost).
When Shaun is dumped by his girlfriend Liz, (Kate Ashfield) he thinks it's the end of the world. But little did he know that he was about to be the unlikely hero who fights zombies in an effort to save his friends and family from being zombie food. He and Ed set out to rescue Shaun's parents then to Liz's flat with the intention of rescuing her and her flat mates and taking them someplace "safe." However, as is always the case, things don't go exactly as planned. Our hapless crew have to fight zombies just to get to a "safe" place and try not to become zombies themselves.
There's an R rating, probably because of violence and language, but it’s fun and campy. It sort of reminded me of Monty Python’s shtick, and I must say I don’t think it would have been nearly as funny had it been made here in the States. Of course I’m a big fan of British humor. I still wouldn’t let children or old people see it (they rated it “R” for a reason) I guess on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give it an 8 for campy humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home