The Mind of WebbWoman

Hello! Look for future posts about my "observations" Lord knows I am always making observations, movie reviews, whenever I see a movie I want to talk about, or I may just vent my frustrations...who knows?

Monday, July 04, 2005

Movie Review: Mr. & Mrs. Smith

As the movie opens we see Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie playing John and Jane smith speaking to a marriage counselor. They look like your typical affluent suburban couple who’ve grown apart through the years.

Then we see how they met: In a bar in Bogotá, Colombia, during a revolution. Some leader was assassinated and there was a search for tourists traveling alone. Both are traveling alone and immediately join forces to avoid suspicion. As it turns out both are assassins, employed by competing agencies. However, each believes the other is a normal, suburban spouse and their respective identities are well kept secrets.

Jane says to the counselor, “There’s this wide space between us that keeps filling up with things we don’t say.” She has no idea how true she is.

Some how they are both sent to the same hit, and discover each other’s true identity. They each are given 48 hours to kill the other.

There’s obviously a lot of violence and gun play, which no doubt gives the movie a PG13 rating.
However, the story is told in a humorous way, and both Brad and Angelina play their rolls very well. (I must add, they both give plenty of eye candy for both sexes in the audience.) And the supporting cast does its share in putting together a very enjoyable movie. I'd say the movie is a cross between an action flick and a romantic comedy. If you aren't turned off by the violence you'll find this a fun movie. I had fun anyway.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home