The Mind of WebbWoman

Hello! Look for future posts about my "observations" Lord knows I am always making observations, movie reviews, whenever I see a movie I want to talk about, or I may just vent my frustrations...who knows?

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Honoring One of Our Country's Heros


Eddie Dean Hollandworth
Septenber 25,1946 - December 17, 1966


Eddie Dean Hollandsworth was my uncle on my mother's side. He began his tour in Vietnam on July 7, 1966. He was assigned to Company D, 1st Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, First Cavalry Division. He was killed by small arms fire December 17, 1966 during a vicious battle near Bong Son in the Binh Dinh Province. Twenty-nine soldiers, seventeen of Company D which included Eddie died that day.

He is just one of the brave men and women who have given their lives to insure our freedom. Let us honor them on this weekend as well as every day, and never take lightly the price they paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home